JHStheaterarts Mission Statement
The Jenkintown High School Theater Arts Program is dedicated to nurturing and developing the talents of the Jenkintown High School student body and providing a safe and creative environment where the artists can cultivate their craft within a supportive and caring community.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
The Dining Room Rehearsal Update/Character Work
Please Note Page/Time Changes
January 9 Pages 8-10 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Pages 16-23 1:00-3:30 p.m.
January 10 Pages 8-10, 16-23 11:30-1:30 p.m.
Pages 23-32 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Please read the research questions carefully and come to rehearsal with all questions answered-in depth.
1. What is the most challenging aspect (for you) in regards to this production?
2. What is the relationship between you and the other character's in your scene (s)? How do you feel about them?
3. What does WASP stand for? How is this group defined? (by what actions, behaviors, leisure activities, jobs, relationships)
4. How does your character (s) "walk"?
5. What is the "voice" of your character? Young? Old?
6. What does your character want to achieve in your scene?
7. What is the time period/location of your scene? City? State?
8. Are there common themes throughout the play?