JHStheaterarts Mission Statement

The Jenkintown High School Theater Arts Program is dedicated to nurturing and developing the talents of the Jenkintown High School student body and providing a safe and creative environment where the artists can cultivate their craft within a supportive and caring community.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pippin, The Journey

My Dearest Friends,

I sit here not quite believing that we open tomorrow night.

It really feels like yesterday...when we gathered in a very warm choral room......scrutinizing notes, working out harmonies and trying to make sense of it all.

When I chose this musical, way back when....it was my hope that you would enjoy the musical as much as I did when I was in my high school theater department (so many years ago).

I loved being in this production...the music, the energy..the story.

It is all about the journey...is it not?

I can still remember the feeling of "community"........of belonging.

Of the excitement when we sang "Morning Glow"...or the audience's reaction when the finale came around and the stage was left bare except for the three actors.

I can still feel their wonderment.

I wanted to share those emotions and experiences with you...I wanted you to have the same journey as I. I do believe you have, but you have also gone so much further.

You have created your own "Pippin"...you have graced the JHS stage with skills that, I can guarantee, no other JHS theater student has performed.

You have also embraced the newest members of our theater community. You have blossomed into a family......into a troupe that will only enhance the strength of our program.

Enjoy this moment......this journey. We, as players, have gathered to truly make a magical statement about ourselves and "Pippin".

I couldn't have asked for a more dynamic, fun, caring, energized, garrulous, and loving group of folks to be with and to work with.

You have raised the bar so very high.

I thank you for that.

We have created something very special.....please take a moment, sometime during the three performances, to gather your thoughts and to savor this unique time in all our lives.

Much Love,
 
Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment